Would you like to innovate your service processes using a clear method?
If you work in the service industry, this powerful business tool will show you a clear method for innovation using TRIZ based methodology.
"the methodology with TRIZ cards is very engaging and practical for business with a no-nonsense approach”Migule Acha - Author
What is TRIZ?
TRIZ provides problem definition and solution tools, in order to support a creative mind-set. It is as much about people as it is about things. TRIZ means “the theory of inventive problem solving”.
The four principles of TRIZ are:
- There are ‘ideal’ solutions to complex problems; ones that need minimal resources and have maximum benefit
- Opportunities/Issues are created due to some sort of a contradiction
- One path of innovation is to move from a specific problem, to general problem and solution, and back to specific problem
- There are 40 generalised principles we can use
Benefits of TRIZ
The TRIZ cards are an innovation game based on the work of Altshuller who invented the concept for engineering innovation. We have applied his technique in the areas of service delivery with thought provoking examples to help you innovate. Whatever your service area, digital or traditional, this game will allow creativity for all levels of people in the service business.
What comes in the TRIZ card pack?
- 5 Key Cards – The KEY cards refer to different ways in which your organisation is seeking to improve its service process. The key cards relate to these 5 service types: Self Service, Direct Service, Pre-Service, Bundled Service and Around Service.
- 40 Innovation Cards – The INNOVATION cards include 40 principles, based on the TRIZ methodology. Each card has real world examples for each principle. These can be used in conjunction with the KEY cards or on their own.
What’s your next step?
There are two ways to get the benefits of the TRIZ for services cards:
- Our expert facilitator will run the TRIZ innovation process for you at your premises over the course of 2 – 6 hours dependent on your desired outcome. Contact us at email@example.com arrange an event.
- You can choose to run TRIZ based service innovation with your own internal facilitator by buying the cards from us. A full set of instructions are provided with the TRIZ cards.
The Design and Support Team
Subject Matter Experts
- Dr Nadhmi Gazem has a PhD in Information Systems, from the University of Technology, Malaysia, where he has authored several papers on the use of TRIZ in the service industry.
- Ketan Varia is an innovator and entrepreneur. He has a degree in Electrical Engineering and a Masters in Advanced Manufacturing Systems.
- Dr Azizah Bt Abdul Rahman has a Ph.D. She is the co-author of several papers on TRIZ in the service industry.
Graphic Design & Support
- Leslie Stowe, Designer
- Rafael Filomeno, Designer
- Kruti Varia, Editorial Support
- Burcu Atay, Editorial Support
- Kiruthiga Savatherajan, Editorial Support
- Mahersh Shah, Advisor
- Sanjiv Bhardwaj, Advisor
- Darryl Mann, Creax and Solid Creativity
- Dr Genrich Altshuller (1926-1998), The founder of TRIZ innovation and methodology
From TRIZ Workshop held at the RSA
“TRIZ cards triggered very good questions from difference perspectives- Very practical”
“Very useful for prompting creating thoughts (e.g. change mechanism)”
“Very useful for framing ideas and grouping them by themes (e.g. “around” service)”
“Inspiring way to introduce and provoke innovation”